Case Management by a Nurse with
No Additional Charge!
With Nurse-Managed Home Care, your questions and challenges are always answered by a caring professional!
Managing the details of a loved one’s illness can be very difficult for families, especially for family members who are living long distances away. With our case management services, we can help coordinate and oversee care, advocate for your loved one, and keep you informed on our progress. Our Case Management is conducted by nurses and there is no additional charge for the Case Management when you have regular services with Retire-At-Home in Toronto, East York and North York.
Our case management services include:
- Providing an assessment of your loved one’s situation, to determine appropriate homemaking services or personal care to help them live independently
- Arranging for CCAC and liaising with the CCAC coordinator
- Manage any workers you may already have
- Liaising with your loved one’s GP and other doctors
- Keeping track of appointments and directives from the doctor
- Finding, suggesting, and organising activities and resources in the community
- Escorting your loved one to appointments, taking notes during the appointment, and reporting back to you
- Advocate for your loved one’s care
- Letting family know of additional needs or changes
- Source handymen or services for the home
- Assist in the search for an appropriate nursing home if desired
Retire-At-Home Services Toronto and North York case managers:
- respect the rights and inherent dignity of our clients
- always maintain objectivity in our relationships with clients, so we can better serve you
- act with integrity in dealing with other professionals
- work so that our clients receive maximum benefits
- work to our highest competency, seeking help or referring to expertise when our competency is surpassed
- obey all laws and regulations.