Homemaking Services – Home Support & Housekeeping
Housekeeping, Meal Preparation, Errands – everything done your way!
At Retire-At-Home, we have designed our Homemaking Services with you in mind! Receiving proper Home Support and Housekeeping Services is critical to maintaining a comfortable, safe, and clean home
Our Homemaking Services are designed especially for seniors, delivered by staff specially trained and experienced in working with seniors. They include:
– House cleaning, laundry and bed changing, wardrobe check
– Meal Preparation and meal accompaniment
As we age it may become increasingly difficult to do the things we have always done, one of the first things that becomes difficult is house cleaning. Although difficult to maintain for a lot of seniors, a clean and tidy house is necessary for physical and mental health and well-being. A tidy home is also critical for safety; preventing trips and falls from unnecessary things on the floor.
At Retire-At-Home Services, we understand that your home is an extension of yourself, and the way you want it cleaned and maintained is unique. With us, you have the opportunity to determine how things should be done. During our initial in-home assessment, we will make a detailed checklist of everything that you want taken care of, and how you want it to be done. At any time after the services begins, you can request changes and updates.
Our House Cleaning Services may include the following:
Cleaning the kitchen
- Wiping down all surfaces, outside of appliances, inside/out microwave, wiping outside of cupboards, cleaning sinks
- Washing floors, baseboards, wiping windows and ledges, wiping kitchen table and chairs, wiping light switches/outlets
- Vacuuming/mopping floors, changing garbage
Cleaning the bathrooms
- Wipe down counter tops, windows and ledges, baseboards
- Clean mirrors, sinks, bathtub/shower, in/outside of toilet
- Vacuuming mats and mopping floors, changing garbage
Cleaning all other rooms
- Dust all surfaces
- Wipe light switches, door knobs, small marks on walls, windows and ledges
- Vacuum/ mop all floors, including under beds, changing garbage
- Doing laundry, changing bed linens
- Checking that clothes are clean before they are worn, especially valuable for loved ones with impaired vision
All the extras:
- Sweeping balcony or front walk
- Pet care – taking animals for walks, feeding
- Putting away dishes
- Putting all supplies and equipment neatly away
- Watering plants
Meal Preparation and Meal Accompaniment
Making well-rounded nutritious meals can sometimes feel like a burden for seniors, especially those who are living alone and not cooking for others. Sharing a meal or having companionship while eating can brighten someone’s day and give a senior something to look forward to.
Our Meal Preparation Services can include:
- Washing and cutting up fruits and vegetables for easier eating
- Preparation of your favourite meals for immediate eating or storage in the fridge and freezer
- Sitting with your loved one while the meal is eaten, or sharing of the meal with our staff member
At no additional charge, our experienced client care managers will also provide:
- Free in-home assessment to discuss your needs and wishes
- Regular review visits to oversee the care you receive
- Regular phone calls with family and professionals as required.
Contact us today for a Free In-Home Consultation with a Nurse, or to find out more about your Home Care Options in Central Toronto, Toronto West, East York and North York.
We proudly service the following communities:
Bayview, Bloor West, Bridal Path, Casa Loma, Don Valley ,Don Mills, East York, Forest Hill, High Park, Leaside, Leslieville, Playter Estates, Riverdale, Rosedale, The Beaches, Toronto – Downtown, Toronto – Central, Toronto – North, The Danforth, York Mills, Yorkville and other surrounding communities.
Contact Us Today to Speak with a Home Care Specialist!
Read Our Online Reviews!